The Succeeds Prize 2021 Application
The Succeeds Prize exists to identify, recognize, and share stories of impact from innovative educators statewide. We seek to share your best practices so students and families across the state, especially those furthest from opportunity, can benefit from your experience, insights, and lessons learned. The Succeeds Prize is an investment from the business community in transforming public education to prepare students from all backgrounds to succeed and a storytelling campaign through 9NEWS to inspire and support educators statewide.
Colorado Succeeds believes that education must prepare learners for an everchanging world. Today’s students will enter a workforce of jobs that don’t yet exist, work with tools not yet created, and face problems not yet identified. As business leaders, we are optimistic about this future and want to support the agile educators that are creating agile learners and whose solutions are prioritizing the needs of students that have been traditionally underserved by our education system.
Our Vision 2030 Framework outlines the education principles, experiences, and transferable competencies students will need to thrive in an uncertain future. We seek to invest in and amplify the best examples of educators, schools, districts, partnerships, and programs that embody this Vision and are achieving, or laying the groundwork for, outcomes for students from diverse backgrounds.
We seek to identify learning providers or key supports to learning providers in the broadest possible sense. Examples include early childhood education providers; K-12 education providers; post-secondary pathways designed for high school students; school districts; or BOCES. Partnerships among any combination of the above listed entities with each other, non-profits, or business are particularly compelling—so long as students 3-18 are impacted.
|Agility Explained||Potential Examples|
- We tell your story. 9NEWS and Colorado Succeeds will interview key voices to capture your unique
- We celebrate you. In-person event attended by business, education, and community leader hosted in Denver in the fall.
- We invest in your efforts. You receive a monetary award to support and continue your
- We ask you to inform our ongoing work to support innovative educators. We provide you with numerous opportunities to engage with our business members, state legislators, and critical partners to ensure your voice and perspective is helping to drive transformational change across the state of Colorado.
- Respond to ALL Application Questions in no more than 300 words per question.
- Please save your work in a Word or Google Doc before uploading your answers to the online application form. You cannot save your work and return to it in the online application.
- You cannot save your work and return to the application. Please complete the application in one sitting.
- Applications are due by 5pm on June 1, 2021.