On September 12, 2020, The Succeeds Prize awarded $120,000 to some of Colorado’s most forward-thinking educators.
In an unprecedented year characterized by a quick pivot to remote learning in response to COVID-19 and a movement for social justice, The Succeeds Prize 2020 was truly unlike any other. The inspiring stories of six winners and six finalists were told through a made-for-TV special on 9News that revealed what is possible when educators build agile systems that support agile learners and prepare them to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Explore the show highlights or watch the full 30-minute program below.
2020 Finalists & Winners
Transformational Impact in an Elementary School Award, sponsored by TTEC
- Vega Collegiate Academy, Aurora Public Schools
- Wyatt Academy, Denver Public Schools – WINNER
Transformational Impact in a Middle School Award, sponsored by DaVita
- Beacon Network Schools, Denver Public Schools – WINNER
- Mesa Middle School, Douglas County Public Schools
Transformational Impact in a High School Award, sponsored by Slalom
- MiLL National Training Center, Peyton and Widefield School Districts – WINNER
- Northglenn High School STEM, Adams 12 School District
Excellence in Education Innovation Award, sponsored by Janus Henderson Investors
- Cherry Creek Innovation Center, Cherry Creek School District – WINNER
- Lake County School District, Leadville
Excellence in STEM Education Award, sponsored by Ball Corporation
- Montrose County School District RE-1J – WINNER
- Springs Studio for Academic Excellence and Pikes Peak Early College, District 49
Excellence in Technology Enabled Learning Award, sponsored by Arrow Electronics
- Lone Star School District, Otis
- The CUBE High School, Denver Public Schools – WINNER