Colorado Succeeds FAQ
What is Colorado Succeeds?
Colorado Succeeds is a nonpartisan nonprofit network of business and education leaders dedicated to making Colorado’s education system more innovative, equitable, and responsive to the needs of students and families.
What is Colorado Succeeds’ mission?
To apply our business expertise, influence, and capital to improve Colorado’s schools.
What is Colorado Succeeds’ vision?
All of Colorado’s learners are educated to their greatest potential, and all of Colorado’s businesses have the talented and innovative homegrown workforce they need to thrive.
What are the main workstreams of the organization?
Colorado Succeeds believes great schools are good business. We are a movement of business leaders who are invested in improving schools, changing educational outcomes for learners, and shaping the future of Colorado’s workforce. Together, we support the educators who are innovating in the classroom and the policymakers who are changing the system.
- We imagine a future where all of Colorado’s learners develop transferable competencies that will prepare them for a future we cannot predict.
- We believe education systems should respond to the diverse needs of learners as well as the dynamic skills changes occurring in the world around us.
- We believe business has a role in ensuring today’s students develop real world skills, have access to growth and development opportunities and learn how to learn.
- We create system change by influencing policies that improve educational outcomes for Colorado learners.
- We connect leaders in government, education, and business to the best ideas, resources, and one another.
- We make sure business has a powerful seat at the table, and together, we build strategies and solutions for Colorado.
Please reach out to Ashley Andersen to learn more about membership, sponsorship, and other funding opportunities. Read more below on the benefits of membership and how to get involved.
Corporate members of Colorado Succeeds can attend quarterly member meetings, participate in various committees, taskforces, special projects, and other opportunities as they arise. You will be an expert on what is happening in education and workforce in Colorado, and how your company can be involved in solving the most important issues facing our state. You’ll receive brand recognition for the role you play in improving outcomes for learners.
Every membership starts with an onboarding session with Colorado Succeeds leadership to make sure you’ve got all the engagement opportunities on your calendar and a game plan for how you want to engage.
There is no limit to how many can get involved, but most companies have one to three people get involved with Colorado Succeeds. We recommend one executive champion as well as one or two people who are involved in or are interested in deepening education/workforce initiatives at your company.
Colorado Succeeds has three boards. Upon joining Colorado Succeeds as a member, individuals from your company will be placed on the appropriate board.
- Board of Trustees: Reserved for C-level executives who support Colorado Succeeds mission; no formal time commitment
- Board of Directors: Reserved for experienced Colorado Succeeds members who govern the strategy and operations of the organization
- Board of Advisors: Open to all corporate member who want to directly inform that strategy of the organization and our initiatives
Members can engage in the following ways:
- Serving on one of our boards
- Serving on a specific committee or taskforce related to one of Colorado Succeeds’ lines of work
- With Succeeds’ help, write an op-ed, testify at the State Capitol, or demonstrate thought leadership on pressing issues in education and workforce
- Attend and sponsor special events and tours of exemplar education and workforce partners
- Learn how to engage in education and workforce opportunities with partners in the ecosystem
Basic membership begins at $5,000 and is customized based on the companies’ interests and capacity. Please reach out to Ashley Andersen to learn more about membership, sponsorship, and other funding opportunities.
Yes, we are a 501c3 nonprofit organization that is strictly nonpartisan. Corporate contributions are 100% tax deductible.